Steven Frankel's Homepage
My CV is available here.
I am interested in geometric topology and dynamics, especially when combined: hyperbolic geometry, quasigeodesic flows, pseudo-Anosov flows, partially hyperbolic diffeomorphisms, generalized pseudo-Anosov maps, groups acting on circles and trees, etc.
You can watch short talks about quasigeodesic flows here and here.
- Quasigeodesic flows and Mobius-like groups (PDF, arXiv), J. Diff. Geom. 93 (2013), no. 3, 401-429.
- Quasigeodesic flows from infinity (PDF), PhD thesis, University of Cambridge (2013).
- Quasigeodesic flows and sphere-filling curves (PDF, arXiv), Geom. Topol. 19 (2015), no. 3, 1249-1262.
- Coarse hyperbolicity and closed orbits for quasigeodesic flows, (PDF, arXiv), preprint.
- Partially hyperbolic diffeomorphisms and non-uniform foliations (with T. Barthelme, S. Fenley, and R. Potrie), in preparation.
- Promoting laminar decompositions, in preparation.
- Munich, Germany:
Contact Structures, Laminations, and Foliations,
- Leicester, UK:
31st Summer Conference on Topology and its Applications,
- Bedlewo, Poland:
- Montevideo, Uruguay:
Geometry of Groups in Montevideo
- Sao Paulo, Brazil:
Universidade de Sao Paulo,
- Binghamton, NY:
SUNY Binghamton Geometry and Topology Seminar